Saturday, January 17, 2009

HALLELUJAH
I never watched American Idol because I am just not into reality television. However, I must confess I have recently gone to YOU-TUBE and have been quite enthralled with the young singer from the Dallas metroplex (Rockwall) named Jason Castro. His voice is classically pure and mellow, but capable of resonance when necessary. He is young, but with the right material, he will wildly succeed in the music world. I am equally impressed with his Christian testimony. Very rare for young people today. Go to the "I Am Second" website and be prepared to be awed..... by the music and his testimony.
Which brings me to the reason for this post. Jason sang a song on Idol called Hallelujah. The song was written by Leonard Cohen, but he is no singer as far as I'm concerned. Listen to the full version by the late Jeff Buckley (died in '97) and then listen to the shortened version by Jason Castro. I am looking forward to hearing him perform the full version.
(Jeff Buckley)
(Jason Castro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2nRxKC-OyAhave just discovered this fabulous song and wanted to share! It's rare today for me hear a "new" song that so totally moves me. Of all the things I can think of doing in this world, if I could do anything at all, it would be to write great songs......ones that people would remember all their lives. Hallelujah!
P.S. Just found my favorite version so far. Listen to this. Wow!

No comments: